Thursday, March 2, 2017

I Love Thursday Mornings

...waking up 
Your furred face, 
smelling wild, 
upturned and glowing,
I roll and burrow
into deep sleep smells,
and take the tendrils of dreams,
curling into my core, 
and gather the menagerie of watchers
  who witness

  I love Thursday mornings. Thursday mornings are my preview of the weekend, my reward for half a week's worth of work, a special delight that comes for no special reason, other than it's Thursday. Waking up, feeling you wake up next to me, slower than other mornings, knowing there will be coffee brewed and shared, still hot, spiced and creamed, held in matching mugs; there might be eggy-cheese sandwiches on toast...it sounds like the weekend, but it's Thursday and it's delicious. 

  Thursday mornings are good for me, and today was especially good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me the Truth