Thursday, June 16, 2016

Things I think

Harpsichord and strings, all the Bachs
the trees dance to the vigorous strains
where was I

I missed so much, kids
you have to give them everything when they're young, but
trauma

I wasn't around violence
just a constant broken heart
and a void so big it crushed me.

What about the laundry
it doesn't matter at all
now

So warm outside, so
cold inside
So cold outside, so
warm inside

I want a violin
I want a camera
chimera

I want You
to want better, to want me
to want You, want Us, them

I thought I saw You just now
driving up, I take a sip
and see a collection of delivered notes

Chilly Down, chilly brass
Excuse me, hello
lost your head, the body will mind

Water falls, the waterfall
Niagara, here we come, come
hell or high water

Go in go deeper
and I see that You do
what I do

You so long and strong and
broken and wonderful and
hopeless, and me

Short-round, he used to call me
and it's true, I'm short and
my thoughts go around and stray

I want to say so much and the difficulty
is so great, but I see how You do
and I feel myself slowly waking

It's 3:33 and I wish
I wish I wish I wish
I wish


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me the Truth